Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 94



4.4.09 - Today my mind has been on my best friend's little boy Chase. He is also Andrew best buddy. Her and I were at a park on Friday afternoon and another child threw a large rock from the top of a play structure and it hit Chase on the top back part of his head. We ran over to him and he had a good size compression on skull and so we rushed him to the hospital. Long story short, after a CT scan and an overnight stay in the hospital the Dr.'s say he is going to be okay. He does have a compressed skull fracture and some signs of a concussion. Thank God he has no bleeding or brain damage. The Dr.'s say it will fuse back together in 4-6 weeks but it may take a few months for him to get back to his usual self.


My friend's husband was out of town so I stayed with her at the hospital until around midnight. Today I was feeling so drained I can't imagine how she must be feeling. I'm so thankful he is okay and there will be no permanent damage. When things like this happen it really makes you stop and think about what is most important in your life. Your kids are everything to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment