Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5.3.10


5.3.10 - Wow, what a difference fresh milk makes. There are a few companies that delivery milk here and I've always wondered why people do this. It's a bit nostalgic and I was curious. Well today I was offered a free half gallon from Longmont Dairy. The milk comes in this nifty glass container.... no plastic! The cows are treated well, no hormones or antibiotics.
I still wasn't sure it would taste all that much different. So we did a taste test. Blake poured them while I was out of the room and I came back to guess which was which. Not even close. It was immediately obvious which milk was fresh from the dairy. The store bought milk had this nasty after taste. Anyway. Today is the day we buy fresh milk. :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG...I remember getting milk in bottles delivered by the milkman when I was little. I can't believe someone still does this. You go girl!!!!! Our bottles had a paper wrapped around the top and a paper plug to cover the top rather than plastic. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete